27 August 2013

Americana

 
 Natalie: Top: J.Crew. Skirt: J.Crew. Shoes: J.Crew (old). James: Jumpsuit & Necklace(vintage). Shoes: Zara (old).

What about this polka-dot piece made you want to purchase it? 
Nat: While I have a lot of great summer dresses, my seasonal closet inventory manifested that I was lacking in versatile summer skirts. I am a huge fan of an Americana look, and I like that this skirt is in that genre without being a stripe like most of my patriotic pieces. Plus, we all know I love color, and this bright blue really resonated with me.

James: This jumpsuit wasn't exactly a purchase I made. I acquired it from a client who insisted it suited my style more than hers. At first glance I thought it was dress, but when I put the piece on I realized it was a culotte jumpsuit! It was an absolute score. I love that it's an unexpected twist on Americana style.


For what occasions can you wear this? 
Nat: I won't buy a separate unless I can make at least three different outfits from it. For this particular look, I wear gold sandals for daytime errands and pop on these fuschia heels for a casual dinner. When I want to make a more work-approprate look, I pair the skirt with a classic white button-up shirt tucked in—and sometimes complete the look with a fitted navy blazer when I want to feel ultra preppy.

James: The styling options for this look are endless. For a long work day on set or shopping with clients I prefer to wear this look with a comfortable pair of flat metallic brogues. When I want to dress it up for a cocktail party or girls night out, I wear it with these pin-dot peep-toe heels. For a nautical look, I pair it with a white blazer and simple yellow strappy sandals--captains hat is optional.

Photo credit: Angie Harding

No comments:

Post a Comment