- Lengthen and elongate your figure with a V neckline
- For some added height, add a heel or wedge
- To avoid looking swallowed by the dress, make sure you have a more structured silhouette. Opt for a dress that either hugs well on your body or one that has a defined waist, such as an empire. You can also wrap a belt around the thinnest part of your torso to cinch in and give shape to a flowy dress.
- Shy away from horizontal and large prints, as they will dominate your small figure.
- While you can easily pull off medium to large prints, dark solid colors like navy, olive, and black can also slim you down
- Long dresses work well with this frame as it conceals large legs and waist
- If you have a wide or big bust, look for a maxi dress that has a thick strap or halter top
- Fitted (but not clingy) maxi dresses are your friends. Anything too loose will just make you appear boxy or bigger
- Look for dresses that have a v-neck, as they will help create a vertical line down your body
- Bring out your natural waistline by accessorizing with a colored belt around the thinnest part of your waist