06 June 2013

[Maxi]mum Style

Skirt: Ted Baker. Denim jacket: Gap. Shoes: Rebecca Minkoff.

On my recent trip to London, I got a little retail crazy and, of course, had to stop in Ted Baker—one of my favorite brands. When I saw this maxi skirt, I immediately started mentally shopping my own closet to create outfits for it. (Shopping tip: You should be able to make at least 3 outfits out of any new piece you purchase.) For this look, I wanted to make the skirt appropriate for daytime, so I paired it with a casual denim jacket. I could transition to an edgier evening look by wearing a leather jacket instead.

If you are like me and love the maxi skirt trend, here are a few of my tips to help you pull off the look:
  • Make sure the hem length and heel height mesh. In this case, I wore flats so the skirt would hover just above the ground. 
  • For you shorter gals, a high-waisted maxi skirt will give the illusion of more height. (Heels never hurt either.) 
  • If you are pear shaped and want to camouflage your hips, avoid clingly material like a jersey knit and wear darker colors on bottom and lighter on top to balance your figure.
Happy shopping!
Ivory

Photo credit: Michael Wiltbank
Special thanks to The Jake Walk for allowing us to shoot outside their restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment