04 June 2013

Juxtaposing

James: Blazer: Zara (similar here). Blouse: Zara: (similar here). Trousers: Banana Republic (similar here). Shoes: Zara (similar here). Natalie: Dress: Oasis (similar here). Cardigan: J.Crew. Shoes: Vince Camuto


James: I am a woman who typically lives by Diane von Fustenberg's famous quote: "Feel like a woman. Wear a dress!" But with a name like James, I was destined to don my fair share of menswear. When I am looking to exude femininity in a tuxedo, I opt for a bow blouse instead of a standard tuxedo shirt. Then I up the female factor with a stunning pair of peep-toe pumps and a red lip. The juxtaposition is bold and elegant, and it shows Justin Timberlake that ladies can look just as good in a suit and tie. 

Nat: Ever since I got my platinum pixie haircut last year, I have leaned toward playing up my flirty and feminine style. I like to joke that otherwise I may be mistaken for Peter Pan when I'd rather look like Tinkerbell. In addition, with this more edgy and boyish hairstyle, I can wear all the floral fit-and-flares dresses I want (like this one from one of my favorite UK stores Oasis) without feeling like a Stepford Wife.


Photo Credit: Michael Wiltbank

3 comments:

  1. Thank you very much. I have been following your blog and getting some really good tips. Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tux thing works really well for me. Love love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both looks. I've been looking for a tuxedo blazer for a while now. Also good to hear that you use and like Oasis. I've been eyeing them for a while but wasn't sure about the overseas shopping. As always great post ladies!

    ReplyDelete