24 July 2013

Rosa Mexicana

Dress : Vintage (similar look here). Shoes: BCBG (so old may be considered vintage soon). Earrings:  Kate Spade.

Sunny summer days in New York are a constant reminder of my Los Angeles roots. As a nod to the cultural-influence of my hometown, I enjoy Latin foods, activities, and (you guessed it) clothes. One of my favorite pieces is this vintage "Mexicana" dress. I was drawn to the color-blocked ruffle top and the cinched waist, which I emphasize with a brass belt. When I know I'll be subject to arctic temperatures indoors, I pair it with a cropped-sleeve denim jacket.

Photo Credit: Michael Wiltbank

4 comments:

  1. love the colors on this dress! it's such a simple look yet you make it so stylish :)

    Jessi

    www.mywhiteT.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that ruffle on the top! Also your braided hair looks so beautiful.

    Brigita,
    http://lostinpattern.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this dress! Such a cute style.
    xoxo

    www.cakeandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty and perfect for summertime!

    ReplyDelete