I recently took a weeklong trip to the beautiful Prince Edward Island and fit everything I needed into a a carry-on bag—with plenty of room to spare for souvenirs!
--NatHere's how it's done:
1. Start with shoes. For a week, I recommend packing no more than three pairs. In this instance, I packed two pairs of comfortable flats for day and a pair of versatile black pumps for evenings.
2. Pick bottoms that can be paired with multiple tops. I chose a basic black skirt and 2 pairs of jeans (one skinny leg and one straight leg).
3. Choose versatile layering pieces. PEI tends to get chilly, so I opted to bring 1 blazer and 2 lightweight cardigans that can be easily paired with all of my bottoms and a variety of tops.
4. Maximize style with thin tops and accessories. Thin blouses and sweaters take up very little space and can easily be dressed up or down. And accessories help showcase your style (without taking up suitcase space). For day, I wore my tops alone or layered with a cardigan and jeans/skirt and flats. For evening, I threw on my blazer and heels to create a nicer look for smart-casual dinners.
5. Pack 1 wrinkle-resistant, versatile dress. You never want to be underprepared, so throw in a drew that takes up minimal space, can be paired with a pair of shoes you already packed, and would be appropriate for almost any dressier occasion.